The Original Tombstone Tourist MAKES NO GUARANTEE OF VALIDITY OR ACCURACY
The Original Tombstone Tourist (“TOTT”) is an online open-content collaborative EFFORT; that is, a voluntary association of individuals and groups working to develop a common resource of popular culture knowledge. The structure of the project allows anyone with an Internet connection to alter its content. Please be advised that nothing found here has necessarily been reviewed by people with the expertise required to provide you with complete, accurate or reliable information.
That is not to say that you will not find valuable and accurate information in TOTT; much of the time you will. However, TOTT cannot guarantee the validity of the information found here. The content of any given article may recently have been changed, vandalized or altered by someone whose opinion does not correspond with the state of knowledge in the relevant fields. Note that most other encyclopedias and reference works also have similar disclaimers.
No formal peer review
Our active community of editors uses tools to monitor new and changing content. However, TOTT is not uniformly peer reviewed; while readers may correct errors or engage in casual peer review, they have no legal duty to do so and thus all information read here is without any implied warranty of fitness for any purpose or use whatsoever. Even articles that have been vetted by informal peer review or featured article processes may later have been edited inappropriately, just before you view them.
None of the contributors, sponsors, administrators or anyone else connected with TOTT in any way whatsoever can be responsible for the appearance of any inaccurate or libelous information or for your use of the information contained in or linked from these web pages.
No contract; limited license
Please make sure that you understand that the information provided here is being provided freely, and that no kind of agreement or contract is created between you and the owners or users of this site, the owners of the servers upon which it is housed, the individual TOTT contributors, any project administrators, sysops or anyone else who is in any way connected with this project or sister projects subject to your claims against them directly. You are being granted a limited license to view and enjoy anything from this site; it does not create or imply any contractual or extracontractual liability on the part of TOTT or any of its agents, members, organizers or other users.
There is no agreement or understanding between you and TOTT regarding your use or modification of this information. Conversely neither is anyone at TOTT responsible should someone change, edit, modify or remove any information that you may post on TOTT or any of its associated projects.
Any of the trademarks, service marks, collective marks, design rights or similar rights that are mentioned, used or cited in the articles of the TOTT are the property of their respective owners. Unless otherwise stated TOTT sites are neither endorsed by nor affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such TOTT cannot grant any rights to use any otherwise protected materials. Your use of any such or similar incorporeal property is at your own risk.
TOTT contains material which may portray an identifiable person who is alive or deceased recently. The use of images of living or recently deceased individuals is, in some jurisdictions, restricted by laws pertaining to personality rights, independent from their copyright status. Before using these types of content, please ensure that you have the right to use it under the laws which apply in the circumstances of your intended use. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you do not infringe someone else’s personality rights.
Jurisdiction and legality of content
Publication of information found in TOTT may be in violation of the laws of the country or jurisdiction from where you are viewing this information. The TOTT database is stored on servers in the United States of America, and is maintained in reference to the protections afforded under local and federal law. Laws in your country or jurisdiction may not protect or allow the same kinds of speech or distribution. TOTT does not encourage the violation of any laws, and cannot be responsible for any violations of such laws, should you link to this domain or use, reproduce or republish the information contained herein.
TOTT CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY BE OBJECTIONABLE
In its encyclopedic function, TOTT contains thousands of articles on a vast array of topics. A relatively small fraction of these topics are frequently censored by educational, governmental, corporate, parental, and other filtering schemes.
- Some TOTT articles discuss words or language that are considered profane, vulgar, or offensive by some readers.
- Articles may contain audio, visual, or written representations of people or events which may be protected by some cultures.
- TOTT contains many different images and videos, some of which are considered objectionable or offensive by some readers. For example, some articles contain graphical depictions of violence, human anatomy, or sexual acts.
- Many articles contain frank discussion of controversial topics. Some subjects that are discussed have criminal applications in some jurisdictions. Others contain information on dangerous or otherwise risky activities.
- TOTT contains spoilers.
- TOTT may contain triggers for people with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- TOTT may contain images and videos which can trigger epileptic seizures and other medical conditions.
- Since TOTT is open to contributions from the public, there may at any time be vandalism present on TOTT.
- TOTT ‘s current policy is to include such content, provided it breaches neither any of our existing policies nor the laws of the United States, where TOTT is hosted. See a list of controversial issues for some examples of articles that may contain such content. None of these articles contain warnings.
- In any case, TOTT is a work in progress, and many articles contain errors, bias, or duplication, or may simply need tender loving care. We encourage readers to help us fix these problems. The great majority of articles are written primarily or solely by individuals who are not subject matter experts and may lack academic or professional credentials in the area.
- TOTT contains obscure information that would not be covered in a conventional encyclopedia. TOTT ‘s coverage is based on the interests of its volunteer contributors.
USE TOTT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ANY INFORMATION YOU MAY FIND IN TOTT MAY BE INACCURATE, MISLEADING, DANGEROUS, ADDICTIVE, UNETHICAL OR ILLEGAL.
Some information on TOTT may create an unreasonable risk for readers who choose to apply or use the information in their own activities or to promote the information for use by third parties.
None of the authors, contributors, administrators, vandals, or anyone else connected with TOTT, in any way whatsoever, can be responsible for your use of the information contained in or linked from these web pages.
Please take all steps necessary to ascertain that information you receive from TOTT is correct and has been verified. Double-check all information with independent sources.
If an article contains suggestions regarding dangerous, illegal or unethical activities, remember that anyone can post this information on TOTT. The authors may not be qualified to provide you with complete information or to inform you about adequate safety precautions and other measures to prevent injury, or other damage to your person, property or reputation. If you need specific advice (for example, medical, legal, financial, marital or risk management) please seek a professional licensed or knowledgeable in that area.
TOTT is not peer reviewed; while readers may correct errors or remove erroneous suggestions, they have no legal duty to do so. All information found on the site is without any implied warranty of fitness for any purpose or use whatsoever.
No consequential damages can be sought against TOTT, as it is a voluntary association of individuals formed to create online educational, cultural and informational resources. This information is being given to you gratuitously and there is no agreement or understanding between you and TOTT regarding your use of this information.
DO NOT RELY UPON ANY INFORMATION FOUND IN THE ORIGINAL TOMBSTONE TOURIST WITHOUT INDEPENDENT VERIFICATION.