This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for The Original Tombstone Tourist (“TOTT”). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website and associated mobile applications.
You may use the TOTT website free and anonymous for personal research purposes. If you desire to add, edit or interact with any data then you must register for a free account.
During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information may be used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
What personal information is collected about you?
- All data collected about you can be viewed, modified or deleted by logging in to TOTT and navigating to settings.
- All activity by you on the website can be viewed by logging in to TOTT and navigating to profile
How is the data used?
- Your personal email and password are used to identify you to the website, enable certain functions such as adding, editing and interacting with TOTT data. It is also used to ensure the security of data added, modified or deleted from the website.
- Your personal email may also be used for communications with TOTT about the following. You may opt in or opt out of any of these communications at any time.
- Events in your area.
- General news and educational information.
- Promotional events that may benefit your research.
- If you contact us, we will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Is your data ever shared?
- Any personally identifiable data is NEVER sold, rented or shared with other entities.
How long will the data be stored for?
- Your personal data is stored only as long as you maintain an account with TOTT. You may delete your account by logging in to TOTT and navigating to settings.
What security procedures are in place to protect the misuse of your information?
- The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- We have in place appropriate physical, electronic, technical, operational and managerial procedures to protect all personal data both online and offline.
- We use encryption of data at rest and in transit (https) to protect ALL personal data.
- Our servers are accessible only to minimal authorized personnel.
- All data access policies are based on a principle of least privilege.
- Computing best practices are reviewed regularly.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive to help us improve your access to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to login with a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.