Naturally Burt attracted more than his fair share of the ladies. Reynolds was married to English actress Judy Carne from 1963 to 1965. He and American singer-actress Dinah Shore (20 years his senior) were in a relationship from early 1971 until 1975. In the mid-1970s, Reynolds briefly dated singer Tammy Wynette. He had a relationship from 1976 to 1980 (then off-and-on until 1982) with American actress Sally Field, during which time they appeared together in four films. In 2016, he regarded Field as the love of his life. Reynolds was married to American actress Loni Anderson from 1988 to 1994. They adopted a son, Quinton. He and Anderson separated after he fell in love with a cocktail waitress, Pam Seals, with whom he later traded lawsuits, which were settled out of court.
Burt Reynolds never won an Oscar, although he was nominated for best supporting actor (and won a Golden Globe) for his performance as a paternalistic director of pornographic movies in Paul Thomas Anderson’s 1997 “Boogie Nights.” “I once said I’d rather have a Heisman Trophy than an Oscar,” Reynolds, who played football in college, later wrote. “I lied.”
Reynolds and his “Stroker Ace” co-star, Loni Anderson, began living together in 1984 and wed in 1988. The marriage ended in 1993, in acrimony unusual even by Hollywood standards. Two decades later, the bitterness remained. “The truth is,” Reynolds wrote in 2015, “I never did like her.”
Final Resting Place:
Hollywood Forever Cemetery
6000 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, California, 90038
Grave Location:Garden of Legends, Lot D, Grave 8
Grave Location Description
As you enter the cemetery take the first hard left and follow that road around the outside of the cemetery until you come to the middle of the lake on your right. Walk about 40 feet from the edge of the lake and take a quick look around for the statue of legendary actor Burt Reynolds.
Grave Location GPS34.0894405,-118.3166684
Visiting The Grave:
Read More About Burt Reynolds:
- Published Obituary
- Wikipedia Entry
- The official Burt Reynolds website
- Burt Reynolds - did he leave his only son out of his will?
- Burt Reynolds - Turner Classic Movies
- Burt Reynolds movies: 12 greatest films ranked from worst to best
- Burt Reynolds: Judy Carne "broke my heart"
- Burt Reynolds’ Heartache Over Judy Carne’s Death
- 10 Best Burt Reynolds Movies According To IMDb
- Sally Field Was "Glad" Burt Reynolds Never Got the Chance to Read Her Memoir
- Burt Reynolds Suffered Ugly Divorce and Sexless Marriage to Loni Anderson for Almost 3 Years
- How Burt Reynolds Spent His Final Night Alive