Florence Adele Vanderbilt Twombly
Hamilton Twombly was a shrewd investor and astute businessman, often advising his father-in-law and Florence’s brothers on the management of their railroads and investments. When he died in 1910, not only did he leave his wife Florence richer than her found her, he left her richer than most of her family, no easy feat.
Final Resting Place:
4199 Webster Avenue
Bronx, New York, 10470
Grave Location:Oak Hill Plot
Grave Location Description
From the Jerome Avenue entrance, continue straight on Central Avenue and continue west for 0.25 miles. Turn left at the four-way intersection onto Prospect Avenue. There will be a mausoleum directly in front of you. Stay to the left and park your car on the road behind the structure. Hamilton McKown Twombly and his wife Florence Adele Vanderbilt Twombly are located among the headstones surrounding the mausoleum that is directly north of where you parked your car.
Grave Location GPS40.889739984, -73.8727879880
Read More About Florence Adele Vanderbilt Twombly:
- Wikipedia Entry
- Florence Twombly Mansion New York City
- The Last Great Mansion Built On Fifth Avenue
- The Lost Webb and Twombly Houses - Nos. 680 and 684 5th Ave.
- Downsizing - Vanderbilt Style
- Vanderbilt-Twombly Estate
- History of Hennessy Hall
- Myriad Manhattan Residences of the Vanderbilt Cousins
- Beyond the Gilded Age - Florham
- Story about an auction sale of furnishing and objects of art from Florham, the Twombly estate in Convent, N. J.