And the rest of the story …
Turner married seven different men in her lifetime — and one of them, she married twice. Her first marriage to musician Artie Shaw lasted just a few months. Then she married Steve Crane, but their marriage was annulled because his divorce wasn’t finalized. They remarried and then divorced after a year.
Turner then married Bob Topping, followed by Lex Barker, both of whom she was married to for about four years. She was also married to her sixth husband, Robert Eaton, for four years — her longest stretch. Her marriage to Fred May lasted less than two years, while her final marriage to her last husband, Ronald Pellar, was less than three years.
Intense media scrutiny surrounded the actress in 1958 when her teenage daughter Cheryl Crane stabbed Turner’s lover, low level mobster and wannabe movie star Johnny Stompanato to death in their home during a domestic struggle. Given his brutal, physically abusive treatment of Lana Turner, let’s just say nobody shed a tear upon hearing of his demise.
Final Resting Place:
Grave Location:Ashes scattered in Oahu, Hawaii
Read More About Lana Turner:
- Wikipedia Entry
- Scott Michaels FindaDeath.com - Lana Turner
- The Sensational Murder Of Johnny Stompanato, The LA Mobster Stabbed To Death By Lana Turner’s Daughter
- Why Lana Turner's Daughter Killed Her Mother's Boyfriend - and Wasn't Convicted of Murder
- The Death of Mobster Johnny Stompanato
- The many loves of Lana Turner
- Johnny Stompanato: A Gangster’s Life
- Official Lana Turner Website
- Wikipedia - Johnny Stompanato homicide
- The Daily Mirror - Johnny Stompanato photos