After the murders took place and the police investigation was completed, a medical examiner came to the house and performed the autopsies in the stifling dining room on the dining table. After they were done the bodies were removed and Lizzie went up to her bedroom for a good nights sleep in the blood-soaked house.
The home where the murders took place is now a bed-and-breakfast and offers standard tours during the day and a deluxe, fully detail reenactment of the crimes and the aftermath for overnight guest. It is highly recommended that you book several months in advance and six months in advance for special occasions. And in case you were wondering – yes the house is extremely haunted with verified paranormal activity caught on video.
Spoiler alert – Lizzie did it.
Final Resting Place:
Oak Grove Cemetery
765 Prospect Street
Fall River, Massachusetts, 02720
Grave Location:Borden Family Plot, Plot 77
Grave Location Description
As you enter the cemetery, you will probably notice a series of painted white arrows along Oak Avenue. Due to the high volume of calls to the cemetery office, they painted the arrows through the cemetery to direct tourist such as yourself to the final resting place of the entire Borden Family – victims and perpetrator alike.
Or you can do it the old fashion way and find the intersection of Chestnut Avenue and Oak Avenue. Turn right on Oak Avenue and the Borden Family Plot will be on your left.
Grave Location GPS41.70767551, -71.13828847
Read More About Lizzie Borden:
- Wikipedia Entry
- The complete Lizzie Borden Collection
- Beyond The 40 Whacks: The Story Of The Infamous Lizzie Borden Murders
- Dreadful Facts About Lizzie Borden and the Fall River Tragedy
- Why 19th-Century Axe Murderer Lizzie Borden Was Found Not Guilty
- Lizzie Borden: Murderess or Media Sensation?
- The autopsy of Andrew Borden and Abbey Borden
- Lizzie Borden – Killer of Fall River, Massachusetts?
- Murderpedia - Lizzie Borden
- The Lizzie Borden Case
- Famous Trials: The Lizzie Borden Trial
- The Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast / Museum