Final Resting Place:
11700 S. Laramie Avenue
Alsip, Illinois, 60803
Grave Location:Section H, Lot 33, Grave 12
Grave Location Description
As you drive through the entrance to the cemetery on Laramie Street head straight to the office and park. Muddy Water’s grave is about 20 feet from the entrance to the cemetery office.
Grave Location GPS41.67976971305235, -87.7499573309873
Visiting The Grave:
Read More About Muddy Waters:
- Published Obituary
- Wikipedia Entry
- Keeping The Blues Alive: Exclusive Interview With Muddy Waters’ Daughter
- Muddy Waters’ Former Chicago Home to Be Converted Into Museum
- Muddy Waters Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Mississippi Writers: Muddy Waters
- What happened when Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf discovered psychedelia
- Battle of the Blues - Muddy Waters vs. Howlin' Wolf
Videos Featuring Muddy Waters:
Booker Little Jr.
popular name: Booker Little Jr.
date_of_death: October 5, 1961
cause_of_death: Complications from uremia caused by kidney failure
best_know_for: When he died suddenly at the age of 23 he was one of the most promising jazz trumpeters working with Max Roach, Eric Dolpy and John Coltrane
popular name: Bukka White
date_of_death: February 26, 1977
best_know_for: A master blues guitarist and vocalist, he was also B.B. King's uncle
popular name: Furry Lewis
date_of_death: September 14, 1981
cause_of_death: Heart failure
best_know_for: A notable guitarist in both the bottleneck and finger-picking styles, Furry was a country blues guitarist and songwriter from Memphis, Tennessee whose greatest productivity came late in life during the folk blues revival of the 1960s.