And the rest of the story ….
As Hollywood Squares veterans Peter Marshall and Kaye Ballard confirm, Paul Lynde struggled with alcoholism and had numerous run-ins with the law, including frequent arrests for public intoxication. Fun began when he got wicked smashed, Paul became very cruel and would publicly ridicule his friends.
In July 1965, Lynde was involved in an incident in which a friend, another young actor, accidentally fell to his death from the window of their hotel room in San Francisco’s Sir Francis Drake Hotel. Lynde and 24-year-old James “Bing” Davidson had been drinking for hours when Davidson bragged that he could do a hundred chin-ups. Paul said he couldn’t do it, so Davidson set out to prove Lynde wrong and went out the window of their hotel room to do it on a fire escape, but he was drunk and he lost his grip and fell to his death.
Final Resting Place:
16650 Gilchrist Road. , Knox, Ohio, 43050
Mt. Vernon, Ohio, 43050
Grave Location Description
Paul Lynde’s grave is very close to the cemetery entrance, on the right side of the drive (about 4 rows up and 10 plots into the section). Look for the large, black “Deakins” monument and the Lynde Family monument is two rows in front and to the right (near the bench). He is buried beside his brother and sister with his parents buried in another area of the cemetery.
Grave Location GPS40.471412, -82.374307
Read More About Paul Lynde:
- Wikipedia Entry
- Scott Michaels FindaDeath - Paul Lynde with interior home pictures
- The Troubled Life and Mysterious Death Of Paul Lynde
- Paul Lynde’s Greatest Hollywood Squares Zingers
- Bewitched Wiki - Paul Lynde
- Game Shows Fandom - Paul Lynde
- The Funniest Hollywood Squares Answers From Paul Lynde
- Mr. Center Square: Paul Lynde's Strange Celebrity Story
- Paul Lynde Biography
- The mad, sad, totally fab life of Paul Lynde
- The Paul Lynde Halloween Special