Betty Hutton’s personal life was rocky at times, including four failed marriages, financial problems and difficulties between her and her three daughters. In a 1980 AP interview, Hutton said she had kicked a 20-year addiction to pills. “Uppers, downers, inners, outers, I took everything I could get my hands on,” she said.
Those marriages, in order:
- Hutton’s first marriage was to camera manufacturer Ted Briskin in 1945. The marriage ended in divorce in 1951.
- Hutton’s second marriage in 1952 was to choreographer Charles O’Curran. They divorced in 1955. He died in 1984.
- She married husband Alan W. Livingston in 1955, weeks after her divorce from O’Curran. They divorced in 1960.
- Her fourth and final marriage in 1960 was to jazz trumpeter Pete Candoli. They divorced in 1967.
Hutton was once engaged to the head of the Warner Bros. makeup department, makeup artist Perc Westmore, in 1942, but broke off the engagement, saying it was because he bored her.
Final Resting Place:
Desert Memorial Park
31-705 Da Vall Drive
Cathedral City, California, 92262
Grave Location:Section B-35, Grave 503
Grave Location Description
As you enter the cemetery drive straight ahead and when the road begins to veer to the right, park at the tree with the B-35 marker at the base on the right. Walk to the 4th row to the left of the tree, and her marker is the 4th marker into the section.
Grave Location GPS33.8198033, -116.442315
Read More About Betty Hutton:
- Published Obituary
- Wikipedia Entry
- The official Betty Hutton website
- The last home of Betty Hutton
- The magazine covers of Betty Hutton
- Photos of Betty Hutton with other celebrities
- Betty Hutton's Miraculous Recovery
- Betty Hutton: Exuberant & Troubled ‘Blonde Bombshell’
- Betty Hutton: Hometown to Hollywood