Simon Monjack was an English screenwriter, film director, producer and make-up artist He was the husband of American actress Brittany Murphy. Five months after the death of his wife, Monjack was found dead on 23 May 2010 in the same house in Hollywood where Brittnay died. Law enforcement sources say the Los Angeles Fire Department was called there for a medical emergency after Murphy’s mother, Sharon, found Monjack unconscious in the master bedroom around 9:20 pm, and then called 911. Paramedics arrived and Monjack was pronounced dead at 9:45 pm. The coroner’s report found the cause of Monjack’s death to be acute pneumonia and severe anaemia, similar to the causes attributed to his wife’s death five months earlier in the same house. He was buried next to Murphy at Forest Lawn cemetery in the Hollywood Hills.
The home at 1895 Rising Glen Road, Los Angeles, California where both Brittany and her husband died has since been torn down and a new home built in it’s place.
Final Resting Place:
Forest Lawn Memorial Park – Hollywood Hills
6300 Forest Lawn Drive
Los Angeles, California, 90068
Grave Location:Bright Eternity, Lot 7402, Grave 1
Grave Location Description
As you enter the cemetery Bright Eternity is located way in the back of the cemetery to the far right near the Lincoln Statue and Mosaic. Brittany’s final resting place is 10 rows from Ascension Road and 2 rows and to the left of the statue.
Grave Location GPS34.14414, -118.31979
Visiting The Grave:
Read More About Brittany Murphy:
- Published Obituary
- Wikipedia Entry
- Scott Michaels FindaDeath: Brittany Murphy
- The dark history of the Brittany Murphy home
- The Final Difficult Days of Brittany Murphy
- Alicia Silverstone Recalls 'Adorable' Brittany Murphy's Clueless Audition on Film's 25th Anniversary
- 1895 Rising Glen Road, Los Angeles, California where both Brittany and her husband died
- The True Story of Brittany Murphy's Tragic Death
- Inside the Endlessly Bizarre Aftermath of Brittany Murphy's Sudden Death