Carol DiMaiti Stuart
The rest of the story …
Turns out that Chuck’s brother, Matthew Stuart, helped his brother make the murder look like a robbery by taking a bag of jewelry that Chuck stripped off his dying wife and the gun used in the murder and handed everything over to Matthew. Even worse, there is evidence that the entire Stuart Family (excluding the mother and father) knew what had happened that fateful night and did nothing.
When Chuck jumped from the Tobin Bridge, it was only then did the parents of the two families realize the true nature of the murder of Carol DiMaiti. To this day neither family has spoken to the other.
Unable to find work Matthew Stuart died of an overdose of ethanol and cocaine in the bathroom of Heading Home shelter on School Street in Cambridge several years after his release from prison for his role in the murder.
And why did Charles Stuart kill his wife? Two weeks prior to the murder he took out a $500,000 insurance policy on his wife so he could open a restaurant.
Final Resting Place:
Holy Cross Cemetery & Mausoleum
Malden, Massachusetts, 02148
Grave Location:Section 54, Row G-2
Grave Location Description
From the corner of St. Theresa and St. Clement walk down St. Clement 14 rows and the Carol DiMaiti will be on your right.
Charles Stuart is not buried in this cemetery.
Grave Location GPS42.42561588,-71.03586247
Read More About Carol DiMaiti Stuart:
- Wikipedia Entry
- The Charles Stuart Murders And the Racist Branding Boston Just Can’t Seem to Shake
- The murder and hoax that made Boston’s black community a target
- A Boston Tragedy: The Stuart Case
- Charles Stuart implicated for staged murder of his wife
- 30 years after Stuart case, Boston still healing
- 'Trial 4': Who was Chuck Stuart?
- Deadly Greed: The Murders of Carol and Charles Stuart
- Brother opens up about Stuart family struggle
- Murderpedia - Charles Stuart
- Matthew Stuart found dead from an overdose