The very last song Elvis Presley sang was Unchained Melody on the toilet just before he died.
On the day Elvis died, his entire estate was only worth about $7 million. Conversely John Lennon, who recorded less often, toured less than Elvis and split his earnings 4 ways, was worth in excess of $210 million.
Manager Colonel Tom Parker received 50% of the gross proceeds of all income derived from Elvis. In addition the William Morris Agency received another 10% (industry standard is 15% total representation fees). Parker also negotiated the notoriously horrible contract with RCA that only paid Elvis $0.05 per album in royalties. Colonel Tom Parker is considered the single worst artist manager of all times.
Despite PR claims to the contrary, Priscilla Presley did not rescue the Presley Estate from almost certain bankruptcy. After the death of Vernon Presley, Priscilla was about to renew the contract with Parker when Probate Judge Joseph Evans and Memphis attorney Blanchard Tual (representing Lisa Marie Presley) terminated the contract with Parker.
Upon his death Elvis weighed 350 lbs. and suffered from an enlarged heart, glaucoma, hypertension, chronic water retention, constipation and a 20-year drug dependency including Placydil, valmid, Valium, Dilaudid, Dexedrine, morphine, Quaaludes and 25 different types of barbiturates. The reason he looks so thin in the coffin was that doctors removed 170 lbs. of organs and water during the autopsy.
Elvis wore a diaper.
Elvis called his penis “Little Elvis”.
Final Resting Place:
3764 Elvis Presley Blvd
Memphis, Tennessee, 38116
Grave Location:Meditation Garden
Grave Location Description
Elvis’s grave is located in the Meditation Garden which is behind the Graceland mansion. Follow the pathway around the mansion that is labeled with arrows directing you to the Mediation Garden.
Of course be prepared to shell out at least $50.00. I mean … really … you didn’t think you could just walk right up to his grave and snap a photo?
Grave Location GPS35.045265, -90.022812
Visiting The Grave:
Read More About Elvis Presley:
- Published Obituary
- Wikipedia Entry
- Elvis Presley's Life in Photos
- Scott Michael's FindADeath - Elvis Presley
- 9 Rockin’ Facts About Elvis Presley’s Graceland
- 7 Fascinating Facts About Elvis Presley
- 10 things you might not know about Elvis Presley
- Elvis Left The Building Long Ago, But His Food (And Music) Lives On
- Elvis Presley’s Legendary Midnight Sandwich Run on his Private Jet
- Inside the Enduring Mysteries of Elvis Presley's Death
- When Elvis Flopped in Vegas
- When Elvis Met Nixon
- Elvis’ addiction was the perfect prescription for an early death
- Elvis death: Two weeks later someone tried to dig up his body – Was it his father?
- Elvis Body Exhumed
- Guest House at Graceland Hit With Wrongful-Death Lawsuit After Guest Dies
- FBI Records: The Vault - Elvis Presley
- Biography - Elvis Presley
- Official Graceland Website
- Official Elvis Presley Music Website