Final Resting Place:
Oak Ridge Cemetery
1441 Monument Avenue
Springfield, Illinois, 62702
Grave Location:Lincoln Memorial
Grave Location Description
After entering the Monument Avenue Entrance, head northwest. Once reaching the first intersection, take the middle road and continue heading northwest past Govener Tanner’s Tomb. Lincoln’s Tomb will be visible from the road as you approach it. A free parking lot for the Lincoln Tomb is located adjacent to the tomb, just to the west of the custodian’s residence. Parking spaces for RV’s and other large vehicles is available.
The Lincoln Tomb State Historic Site is the final resting place of Abraham Lincoln, his wife Mary, and three of their four sons: Edward, William, and Thomas (known as “Tad”). Their eldest son, Robert Lincoln, is buried at Arlington National Cemetery. Also on the site is the public receiving vault, where final funeral services were held for President Lincoln on May 4, 1865.
Grave Location GPS39.8198209, -89.6541859
Visiting The Grave:
Read More About Abraham Lincoln:
- Wikipedia Entry
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- How Lincoln Changed the World in Two Minutes
- The Plot To Steal Lincoln’s Body
- The Night Abraham Lincoln Was Assassinated
- Mary Todd Lincoln Became a Laughingstock After Her Husband’s Assassination
- How Did John Wilkes Booth Die?
- Why Was the Gettysburg Address so Iconic? The Speech and Meaning in Context
- Lincoln's Great Depression
- The Place of Abraham Lincoln in History
- Abraham Lincoln the Man
- Abraham Lincoln - Official White House Website
- Official Lincoln Tomb Website