Mary Todd Lincoln
Final Resting Place:
Oak Ridge Cemetery
1441 Monument Avenue
Springfield, Illinois, 62702
Grave Location:Lincoln Memorial
Grave Location Description
After entering the Monument Avenue Entrance, head northwest. Once reaching the first intersection, take the middle road and continue heading northwest past Govener Tanner’s Tomb. Lincoln’s Tomb will be visible from the road as you approach it. A free parking lot for the Lincoln Tomb is located adjacent to the tomb, just to the west of the custodian’s residence. Parking spaces for RV’s and other large vehicles is available.
The Lincoln Tomb State Historic Site is the final resting place of Abraham Lincoln, his wife Mary, and three of their four sons: Edward, William, and Thomas (known as “Tad”). Their eldest son, Robert Lincoln, is buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
Grave Location GPS39.8198209, -89.6541859
Visiting The Grave:
Read More About Mary Todd Lincoln:
- Wikipedia Entry
- Mary Todd Lincoln: History’s Most Misunderstood First Lady
- Mary Todd Lincoln Became a Laughingstock After Her Husband’s Assassination
- Mary Todd Lincoln Shut Herself in the White House for Weeks After Abraham's Death
- 1882 Mary Lincoln expense ledger surfaces with funeral home merger
- What was behind Mary Todd Lincoln’s bizarre behavior?
- Mary Todd Lincoln Biography
- Mary Todd Lincoln - Official White House Website
- Official Lincoln Tomb Website