Inspector Michel Pleiber, called to the scene of the tragedy to investigate the death of Claude François, put an end to the many rumors circulating about this disappearance in the columns of the famous Parisian. Claude François died electrocuted in his bath, after having wanted to repair a wall lamp. As Pleiber remembered, “There was an almost rectilinear hematoma on the right shoulder, which clearly indicated a fall. This fall made him violently hit the edge of the tub. For me, there is no doubt: he had stood up to straighten the wall lamp. There was plenty of water around the tub. And the wall lamp was peeled off the wall and hung. He slipped his hand behind the wall light and touched the electrical wires. He died from electrocution as confirmed by the forensic pathologist and the duty inspector of the neighborhood police station.”
Final Resting Place:
Cimetière de Dannemois
Rue des Francs-Tireurs
Dannemois, , 91490
Grave Location:François Family Plot
Grave Location Description
As you enter the cemetery, there are four distinct sections. Claude François can be found in the second from the left section, second row from the back wall and three graves from the dirt path through the cemetery.
Grave Location GPS48.45318611292314, 2.473659541355066
Read More About Claude François:
- Published Obituary
- Wikipedia Entry
- Scott Michaels at FindaDeath.com featuring Claude François
- The mystery of CloClo: did he write 'My Way'? And was he killed while changing a lightbulb?
- Claude François and his hidden son Marc: a fan tells how she discovered his existence
- Claude François: For what reason the singer hid one of his sons for … 6 years?
- “He threw me on the bed” … Did Claude François attack Sophie Darel?
- Autopsies of the Stars - Claude François, the mythical death of the artist described in detail by a key witness
- France Remembers Claude François - The Arts Desk