Some of his best one-liners and prime examples of his acerbic “wit” include:
- A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.
- There are two sides to every question: my side and the wrong side.
- I don’t drink. I don’t like it. It makes me feel good.
- Now that Marilyn Monroe is kosher, Arthur Miller can eat her.
- When asked by Jack Paar what he does for exercise, he replied, “I stumble, then fall into a coma.”
Stop! You’re killing me. No really – just stop. I guess the bar for wit and witticism was very low during the Golden Age of Hollywood.
Final Resting Place:
Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery
1218 Glendon Avenue
Los Angeles, California, 90024
Grave Location:Sanctuary of Love, Crypt 26-A
Grave Location Description
The Sanctuary of Love Alcove is on the opposite end of the cemetery as the entrance. The ever so “witty” Levant can be found in the bottom right corner of the small alcove. After your visit turn around and head to the lawn area where you will find his wife June in the lawn area directly next to the road.