Famous quotes from the flamboyant and brilliant Oscar Wilde:
- Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
- We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
- The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.
- You can never be overdressed or overeducated.
- Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.
- I don’t want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there.
- You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.
Final Resting Place:
Cimetière du Père Lachaise
16 Rue du Repos, 6ème division, Chemin Lesseps
Paris, , 75020
Grave Location:Division 89
Grave Location Description
Oscar Wilde’s tomb is about a 7 minute walk from Chapel of the East. When looking at the front of the chapel, turn left onto Avenue de la Chapelle. Take the first right onto Avenue Feuillant. Head northeast until reaching the intersection of Avenue Feuillant and Avenue Transversale No 1 and turn right. Then head southeast and turn left onto Chemin Laplace. Continue along this path and turn right at the second intersection and head southeast toward onto Avenue Carette. Turn left at the next intersection onto Avenue Carette and continue northeast for about 330 feet. Oscar Wilde’s tomb with be on your right and about 15 feet from the road.
Grave Location GPS48.861889, 2.398139
Visiting The Grave:
Read More About Oscar Wilde:
- Wikipedia Entry
- 15 Things You May Not Know About Oscar Wilde
- How Oscar Wilde's Libel Trial Backfired and Ruined His Life
- Scandalous Facts About Oscar Wilde
- Defiant and Proud Even in Death: The Surious Story of Oscar Wilde's Tomb
- Oscar Wilde and His Tragic Death in Paris
- Decadence and despair in Oscar Wilde's Paris
- No, Oscar Wilde probably didn’t die of syphilis
- Suffering Is One Very Long Moment
- The Death of Oscar Wilde
- Oscar Wilde’s Prison Cell Opens to the Public for the First Time