Final Resting Place:
Grave Location:Evidence Warehouse - Boston Police Department
Grave Location Description
Sometime in November of 1974, Whitey Bulgar lured Paul McGonagle into the backseat of his car to trade counterfeit greenbacks for hard cash. According to Steven Flemmi, Bulgar’s partner, Whitney pulled out a gun and shot Paul twice in the head. They drove his corpse down to the beach and two associates including dear friend of Paul’s, Pat Nee, buried the dead mobster while Bulgar kept vigil.
Paul McGonagle’s remains were found 26 years later buried in a shallow grave at Tenean Beach in Dorchester (Boston) in September 2020 even though the FBI knew the whole time where the body was buried. Only his boots and small bone fragments were recovered.
Read More About Paul McGonagle:
- Wikipedia Entry
- Family Of Alleged Bulger Victim Breaks Silence
- Mullen Gang - Feud With The Killeen Gang
- Disturbing Testimony as Former Medical Examiner Takes Stand in Bulger Trial
- The Summer Boston Roiled with Mob Violence
- Boston's Brutal Irish Mob War Set the Stage for Whitey Bulger's Ascent in the Underworld