Most people believe that Whitney’s problem with drugs and alcohol began when she married Bobby Brown. But let’s be honest here – Whitney started snorting cocaine at age 14. And while she tried her hand at rehab (including one stay 8 months before her death) it never really took hold.
On the Saturday of Whitney Houston’s death, Clive Davis was hosting his annual pre-Grammy celebration party and had flown Whitney in to perform and attend the Grammy’s as his guest. So after she died (and with the coroner’s van in the parking lot of the Beverly Hills Hilton), Clive didn’t miss a beat and continued to host his party. No … really.
Whitney has received numerous accolades throughout her career and posthumously, including 2 Emmy Awards, 6 Grammy Awards, 16 Billboard Music Awards, and 28 Guinness World Records, as well as induction into the Grammy, Rhythm and Blues Music, and Rock and Roll halls of fame.
Final Resting Place:
1100 East Broad Street
Westfield, New Jersey, 07091
Grave Location:East Ridge, Houston Family Plots
Grave Location Description
As you enter the cemetery you want to drive to the very opposite end of the cemetery from the office. Once you find the intersection of Glenside Avenue and Memorial Avenue, turn left from Glenside Avenue onto Memorial Avenue and count 10 rows on your right. Park and enter the section on your right and walk towards the fence line and count four spaces from the end for the final resting places of Whitney Houston, her daughter and her father.
Grave Location GPS40.66536327, -74.32633683
Visiting The Grave:
Read More About Whitney Houston:
- Published Obituary
- Wikipedia Entry
- The Devils in the Diva
- Working With Whitney Houston
- Whitney Houston Atlanta home at 9046 Riverbend Manor where Bobbi Kristina Brown OD’d
- The Truth About Whitney Houston's marriage to Bobby Brown
- What Bobby Brown Says Ruined His Marriage to Whitney Houston
- Why Was Whitney Houston Really Booed At The 1989 Soul Train Awards?
- Kevin Costner Speaks on Whitney Houston’s Impact From ‘The Bodyguard’
- Whitney Houston Concert Review: Horrible and Booed
- The Complete Whitney Houston Autopsy Report
- Whitney Houston final autopsy results revealed