Joseph P. Kennedy Sr.
John F. Kennedy later gained notoriety for his womanizing, but his father was every bit as promiscuous. Despite marrying Rose Fitzgerald in 1914, Joseph couldn’t help cavorting with other women. Kennedy’s affair with Gloria Swanson was one of the most famous examples of stepping outside his marriage. Another example of Joseph’s womanizing came with his decade-long affair with his secretary, Janet Des Rosiers. He was around 60 at the time, and she was just 24 years old (ewww) at the beginning of the affair.
John and his father also both bedded Marlene Dietrich.
Oh, and for the 100th time – there is absolutely no evidence that Joseph was a bootlegger.
Final Resting Place:
584 Heath Street
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, 02467
Grave Location:Cushing Knoll
Grave Location Description
As you enter the cemetery take the first right and then an immediate left and follow this road around to the right (it eventually turns into Gethsemane Avenue). At the intersection of Gethsemane Avenue and O’Connell Avenue look to your right for the large granite Kennedy monument. The individual graves are directly in front of the monument with Joe and Rose holding court over their relatives.
Grave Location GPS42.31904037, -71.16845072
Visiting The Grave:
Read More About Joseph P. Kennedy Sr.:
- Wikipedia Entry
- How Joseph P. Kennedy Sr. Made His Fortune (spoiler alert - it wasn't from bootlegging)
- 'The Patriarch': The Complicated Legacy of Joseph P. Kennedy
- Joseph P. Kennedy: The Patriarch & Maker of the Dream
- 10 Terrible Things Done By JFK’s Father
- How Joseph P. Kennedy, 60, flaunted his decade-long affair with his 24-year-old secretary in front of wife Rose
- August 1938, the Riviera: Joseph P. Kennedy meets Marlene Dietrich.
- The Affair Between Gloria Swanson & John F Kennedy’s Father
- The Secret, Horrible Lobotomy of Rosemary Kennedy
- 431 Days: Joseph P. Kennedy and the Creation of the SEC (1934-35)
- 10 Undisclosed Facts About Joseph P. Kennedy