This is the end ….
When Jim Morrison died from a heroin overdose, his estate was worth $400,000. Prior to his death, Morrison created a will leaving everything to his common law wife, Pamela Courson, and if she failed to survive Morrison by three months, then his assets would pass to his brother and sister.
Unfortunately Pamela received nothing as the estate remained in litigation up until her passing. Because she died without a will, the estate transferred to her parents, Columbus “Corky” Courson and Pearl “Penny” Courson. That’s right – Corky and Penny owned 25% of the Doors.
Jim Morrison’s parents litigation for a share of the estate ended several years later in an out-of-court settlement with the Morrison’s taking half of the royalties and the Courson’s controlling the rights to manage and control Morrison’s image, music, and royalties.
By all accounts, the Courson’s did an excellent job working with the surviving Doors members to continue the legacy of Jim Morrison and the Doors.
Final Resting Place:
Fairhaven Memorial Park
1702 Fairhaven Ave
Santa Ana, California, 92705
Grave Location:Garden Courts Mausoleum, Rose Alcove, Unit 614
Grave Location Description
As you enter the cemetery off of Fairhaven Avenue, turn left (or right depending on your orientation) to the parking lot in front of the outdoor mausoleum area. As you wander through the maze of hallways, look for the small Rose Alcove and Pamela can be found four rows from the bottom on the left facing the entrance.
Grave Location GPS33.7728370, -117.8416276
Visiting The Grave:
Read More About Pamela Courson:
- Wikipedia Entry
- The Story Of Pamela Courson And Her Wild Relationship With Jim Morrison
- The Tragic End Of Jim Morrison’s Wife Pamela Courson
- The Destructive Love Story Of Jim Morrison And Pamela Courson
- Pamela Courson & Her Intense Relationship with Jim Morrison
- The Truth About Jim Morrison And Pamela Courson's Relationship
- Pamela Courson: What Happened To Jim Morrison's Girlfriend?
- Who killed Jim Morrison? What really happened to The Doors frontman 50 years on from mysterious death in Paris – from heroin to cover-ups
- Celebrity Legacies: Jim Morrison's Will Leads To Estate Battle
- Pamela Courson Morrison Autopsy Report
- The apartment where Pamela and Jim live and where Jim died